Filmplicity
Filmplicity
Film for thought
Welcome to the Filmplicity Community!
Thanks for visiting the Filmplicity review community!  We've created this for people who love movies to share their opinions--so come on in and let us know what you think of the films you're passionate about. 

There are lots of ways to chime in and get the most out of the community--take a few polls to start rating topics you care about, check out the latest reviews from your fellow members to share your comments and compliments, and see the badges you can unlock (such as the Filmplicity's Recent Raves Badge!).
Rate Some Topics
Iron Man Poster WALL-E Finding Nemo
rate
reviewed Galaxina. April 01
posted in Movie Hype
Galaxina
BARBARELLA.  FLESH GORDON.  CHERRY 2000.  HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN.  The more pulpy sci-fi films never shy away from taking advantage of female attributes.  Heck, George Lucas threw in Princess Leia in a metal bikini as a way of paying homage to sci-fi singular fascination with the female form.  Even Walt Disney’s JOHN CARTER didn’t shy away from parading the …
reviewed Robinson Crusoe on Mars - Criterion C.... April 01
posted in Movie Hype
Robinson Crusoe on Mars - Criterion Collection
This is no joke: as a huge fan of science fiction films, I’d heard plenty about ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS throughout the years.  The simple truth of the matter is that I’d just never gotten around to watching it.  It hadn’t popped up on my TV guide in years; and although it showed as a title available at my corner video store the flick never seemed to be in.  Perhaps …
reviewed Alpha and Omega (2010 movie). February 18
posted in Movie Hype
Alpha and Omega (2010)
It’s been almost 3-years to the day since the film’s DVD release (1/11/2011) that I finally dug through my animated film queue deep enough to give Alpha and Omega its due.  The reason for the delay? Well for one, abundant negative reviews surrounding this piece.  A quick search reveals no shortage of critics, professional and amateur alike, willing to slam this movie in just …
reviewed Ninja Cheerleaders. February 04
posted in Movie Hype
Ninja Cheerleaders
This movie was awful. I was hoping it would be so much better than it was. With a name like "Ninja Cheerleaders" I was thinking it would be a homerun. Also to add to my heartache and dismay, these girls were also strippers. So they were ninjas, cheerleaders and strippers.....and the movie still sucked.      First things first, a pet peeve of mine is when strippers in …
reviewed High Lane. February 04
posted in Movie Hype
High Lane
“High Lane” is a French horror movie made in 2009 about five people who go hiking/mountain climbing in the mountains of Croatia. I am not certain if the movie was indeed shot and filmed in Croatia, but the scenery was quite breath taking. I guess this is a good of time as any to say the dubbing in the film isn’t that bad, not great, but not bad. Anyway, out of the five folks involved, …
reviewed Mischief Night. December 30, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Mischief Night
Fact: the 1980’s were a tremendous boon for the home entertainment industry.  The explosion of VHS brought an incredible influx of properties to the marketplace, and, despite some of what you’ll read about many of these forgotten flicks of yesteryear, several of them were quite good.  It’s been said that the emergence of the digital recorder will inevitable produce the …
reviewed It's a Wonderful Life (1947 movie). December 27, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
It's a Wonderful Life
I looked up the writers of the classic Frank Capra flick It's a Wonderful Life. Capra's name was among them, and when I did some further-depth research about his own life, I was a little surprised to learn that he suffered occasional bouts of depression during an earlier downswing in his younger years. It seemed odd to me because It's a Wonderful Life doesn't come off as anything that could ever have …
reviewed The Little Mermaid. December 09, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
The Little Mermaid (movie)
Okay, here are things that everyone knows: Disney has the world's strongest animation canon. One day, they might end up relinquishing it to Pixar, but Disney comes packed with so much history and longevity that that day is still a little ways off. For seeming eons, Disney animated films were just about the only game in town. Well, around the 70's and 80's, they got a bit too cocky and began producing …
reviewed Shrek the Halls. December 07, 2013
posted in Pass The Remote!
Shrek the Halls
This Christmas special takes place after the events of SHREK THE THIRD. Shrek and Fiona are happily raising their babies, but Donkey keeps bugging Shrek about getting ready for Christmas. Shrek has never celebrated Christmas before and doesn't plan on doing so until he finds out Fiona is looking forward to it and Shrek unexpectedly promises Fiona a Christmas surprise. Shrek races into town on …
reviewed Broken Flowers. December 04, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Broken Flowers
A man receives an anonymous letter informing him he is the father of a 19-year old son, so he sets off on a journey to visit his old girlfriends to see which one wrote the letter.      Bill Murray stars in this movie which is, at times, funny, pathetic, and shocking but mostly just boring. His character is an unappealing, solitary man who shows no interest or emotion; Murray pretty …
reviewed Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (.... November 29, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Before seeing PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME for the first time, I was already somewhat familiar with the general premise of the story because I had played a couple of video games the movie is based upon. The movie follows prince Dastan (Jake Gyllenhall), the adopted son of King Sharaman (Ronald Pickup). In the aftermath of the invasion of an enemy city, Dastan takes a strange dagger filled with …
reviewed Terminator 2: Judgment Day. November 28, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The Terminator is one of the most iconic characters in popular culture, but his track record is rather bumpy. He had a strong start in a debut movie that is a classic of science fiction. He followed it up with his defining moment in a movie that became a classic across all genres. After that, there were two more movies and a TV show which make the argument for The Terminator existing on a split timeline. …
reviewed Cat's Eye. November 12, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Movie poster
            CAT'S EYE      I am and have always been a big fan of Stephen King, from the books to the screen and everything in between. So it is no secret that I am a fan of this film. In fact I believe it is one of the most underrated of all the King related films that have been made. This movie featured three different tales all interlocking …
reviewed Rose Red. November 12, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Rose Red
            ROSE RED      When this miniseries debuted back in 2002 I believe I could not have been happier. Two of my favorite things were coming together, nay, three of my favorite things. Those things were Stephen King [as writer], haunted house [as the story and setting] and Julian Sands [as an actor] who I loved from the first two …
reviewed The Station Agent. November 10, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
The Station Agent
Fin (Peter Dinklage) is a middle-aged train buff and a dwarf who has been ridiculed his whole life and has no friends. He moves into an abandoned train station, ready to spend the rest of his life alone, but slowly forms friendships with a grieving woman (Patricia Clarkson), an outgoing hot dog man (Bobby Cannavale), and a young librarian (Michelle Williams).      What a wonderful …
reviewed Howard the Duck. October 28, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Howard the Duck
Ooooh, Howard the Duck...an odd choice for Marvel to make for it's first comic to big screen adaption and after it hit the theater like a rotten egg in the mid 80's, I'm surprised that they made it to 99 with X Men.      Even odder was George Lucas as one of the creators of the movie chose this for a movie.  Howard the Duck was a weird 70's comic about a duck …
posted a Quick Tip about All Monsters Attack. September 24, 2013
posted in ASIANatomy
All Monsters Attack
Considered by many Godzilla fans to be one of the lowest points in the whole Godzilla franchise, All Monsters Attack aka Godzilla's Revenge is admittedly, a guilty pleasure for me.  There's no question that this is a bad movie, but its sheer absurdity and hokey execution makes it far too amusing to lump this with the likes of the 1998 Godzilla movie or Pluto Nash.      …
reviewed Frances. September 22, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Frances
This biopic of Frances Farmer traces her life from outspoken teen to Hollywood starlet, followed by long periods of mental illness and barbaric treatment in institutions. Jessica Lange is magnificent as Frances; her performance is riveting and heartbreaking. Sam Shepard co-stars as her lover and Kim Stanley is excellent as her mother. It is never clearly established whether Frances was really mentally …
posted a Quick Tip about Wicked City. August 29, 2013
posted in ASIANatomy
This isn't a bad film and for some people might be a great film. For me it is just a cool Anime, a good if average flick. If you don't mind rape and violent scenes in your Anime then this is for you indeed. But if you like the kid friendlier stuff then stay away.
reviewed Wicked City. August 29, 2013
posted in ASIANatomy
            WICKED CITY      Many things have been said about this film based on a book and directed by "Ninja Scroll" director Yoshiaki Kawajiri. Things like "disgusting", "classic", "dark", "horrible", "great" and so on, many different opinions. Well I am somewhere in between …
Unlock it by reviewing the latest reviewed films.
Welcome our newest members!
Featured Topics

Toy Story 3

rate
2 Ratings: +5.0
Inception teaser poster

Inception

rate
2 Ratings: +4.5
The Social Network

The Social Network

rate
1 rating: +5.0
The Kids Are All Right (2010)

The Kids Are All Right

rate
The King's Speech

The King's Speech

rate
Featured Review
   Every film product must satisfy it's audience. Since we're talking about an animated film, the goals are harder to obtain simply because you must project … more
Top Contributors
Filmplicity is part of the Lunch.com Network - Get this on your site
()
This is you!
Ranked #
Last login
comments
ratings
questions
compliments
lists